Solved! Laptop has power but not turning on

hezekiahjohnrizan

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
I had this ASUS K52JU series for 7 years but until three years of use, the battery gave up.
For 4 years, I have been using it while just plugged in (I had several battery replacements).

I had this problem a couple of months before, where my laptop just suddenly shuts down (It had a battery but still needs to be plugged in). Then the problem stopped when I removed the battery and just ran it with its charger.

The main problem just came in earlier when I was browsing on the internet while downloading some file, then my screen blacked out and the laptop just shut down.

I tried to do a hard reset, unplugged the charger and plugged it again, but something odd happened when I plugged it. The Laptop already had power when I haven't even pressed the power button yet. The lightbulb icon is lit but the others didn't lit. I tried pressing the power button to force shut down but it never shut down. Instead, the keypad icon and numlock icon also lit but still no display.

Long story short, my laptop already powers on when plugged but no display.

Thanks for reading and for your help!

hezekiahjohnrizan

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018

I'll be taking it for a repair but can I ask if a damage has been done to my hard drive?

DavidUSSR

Commendable
Feb 13, 2016
It might be damaged but before trying to tell some false stuff you can check it by yourself by plugging the HDD to another laptop or even desktop PC.

Solution

hezekiahjohnrizan

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018

Thank you very much, I will check it with my friend's PC.