laptop help! Warning sound

dimabal10000

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
No if your HDD would have had died you wouldn't be able to boot into Windows (assuming that the HDD is where your Windows is installed), the beeping sound is being made by the motherboard, so something is obviously wrong with the computer and it's not software related, I personally never had something like this happen to me, but I can say for sure - you need to crack your laptop open and try to see what's wrong from the inside...

And a question...

Does it actually load into Windows after some time of sitting on the logo?

dimabal10000

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Here are the beep codes I was able to find online, I can't say how accurate they are but according to them you're looking at:

"Explanation: The system is producing constant beeping in no specific pattern, or a fast "ringing" sound.

Diagnosis: This is usually caused by a problem with the system memory, or possibly the video card. The memory is more likely--the system complains long and loud if it can't find any usable memory, as there is no way to even start the boot process when this is the case. The motherboard itself could also be the problem."

Source: http://brebru.com/beepcodes.html

Edit:

So after a little more googling... Looks like the list of the beep codes above are for AMI BIOS ... To find the 100% accurate beep codes for your specific computer, you need to find out what type of BIOS you're running. Which I personally don't know how to do :fou:

I recommend cleaning up the inside of your computer, re-seating your ram various ways, maybe excluding the ram sticks one by one to see if any of them are faulty, and also trying to plug in a different HDD.

If that doesn't help, you'll have to visit a technician - unless you know how to fix junk in a laptop beyond the simple things :heink:

I hope I helped in any way... Good luck man! If you find out what the issue was, let us know.

johnrain5440

Estimable
Apr 3, 2014
Found the problem. My sister didn't tell me that she spilt water on the keyboard. I tried cleaning the circuits but still some of the keys are not working. I'll just buy a replacement one!