Laptop in £350-£450 range used for some light gaming

Jun 11, 2018
Looking to get a new laptop before moving country.

1. What is your budget?

£350-£450

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Don't really mind, may be used for some video watching and gaming so around 15" I guess

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Again, don't really mind. High enough that I don't notice it looking bad.

5. How much battery life do you need?

No more than 5 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Yes, not very often and not for very long at a time. Games like Crusader Kings, Stellaris, Cuphead, Prison Architect and some less demanding Indie games. Skyrim at a push!

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Workstation stuff, video watching etc.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Not much as I have an external. Probably SSD for gaming reasons

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

I will be moving back in 2 years and will build a gaming PC again then, but I'd like the laptop as long as possible.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

DVD RW

13. What country do you live in?

England

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

As it'll be shared with my wife, she wants a 2-in-1 convertible laptop. I know it'll be pretty much opposite specs to what I'm looking for but if there is a good one which is also good for light gaming in that price range I'd love to hear about it!

Thank you for any ideas or advice.

Solution
https://www.amazon.com/VivoBook-i5-8250U-NanoEdge-Fingerprint-F510UA-AH51/dp/B0762S8PYM

Powerful 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
14.2" wide, 0.8" thin and portable footprint with 0.3" NanoEdge bezel for a stunning 80% screen-to-body ratio
15.6" anti-glare Full HD display with ASUS Splendid software enhancement
8GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB HDD; Ergonomic chiclet keyboard with the fingerprint sensor.Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Home
Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Lightning-fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi keeps you connected through any congestion or interference
Jun 3, 2018
https://www.amazon.com/VivoBook-i5-8250U-NanoEdge-Fingerprint-F510UA-AH51/dp/B0762S8PYM

Powerful 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
14.2" wide, 0.8" thin and portable footprint with 0.3" NanoEdge bezel for a stunning 80% screen-to-body ratio
15.6" anti-glare Full HD display with ASUS Splendid software enhancement
8GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB HDD; Ergonomic chiclet keyboard with the fingerprint sensor.Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Home
Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Lightning-fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi keeps you connected through any congestion or interference

Solution