Laptop in a restart loop

The_Gesh

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a (cheaper than dirt) Gigabyte U2442 laptop with the intention of restoring it (the back plastic was shattered, it has clearly been dropped). The machine boots to BIOS fast and fine, but thats where the sunshine ends. When I start it up it restarts immediately after the POST screen. On the second attempt for a split second I see the "please insert proper boot media" message and get another restart. On the third attempt I'm thrown directly into the BIOS.

Here is a list of things I've tried:
Several different hard drives
booting from a windows 7 USB drive
pulling out the battery and holding the power button to clear the BIOS
running on just the wall charger (with a disconnected battery)
different ram modules

At this point I'm willing to just sell it for spares, but I've put alot of work into the damn thing and I want to try every possible solution.

Solution
Hi,

Last 2 things you might want to try is to reset BIOS by removing the CMOS battery found in the motherboard and then just put it back in after couple of seconds(Note: do this while PC is OFF :) ) and second is to reseat all the RAM sticks as well. Also one thing you might want to check is the HDD, remove it and turn the laptop on see if it gets pass the BIOS screen because if it does that means your HDD has gone bad.
Hi,

Last 2 things you might want to try is to reset BIOS by removing the CMOS battery found in the motherboard and then just put it back in after couple of seconds(Note: do this while PC is OFF :) ) and second is to reseat all the RAM sticks as well. Also one thing you might want to check is the HDD, remove it and turn the laptop on see if it gets pass the BIOS screen because if it does that means your HDD has gone bad.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS