Laptop Internal Display and HDMI not working.

omkar_4

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
I got this laptop today from Ebay. At first it was working fine. Then it gave me the black screen of death. Whenever I booted up the laptop, The only thing I used to get was the black screen with no Bios option or any other options. I read a lot of threads and finally solved it by removing the battery and holding the power button. The only problem is that I have a internal Battery and needed to open the laptop. While doing so I think I messed up some of the wiring. Now my laptop shows a plain White screen. No BIOS options or any other options. Also I connected my laptop to a tv via a hdmi to see if i messed up with the lcd connector. But the tv output is gone as well which makes me believe that it is not a lcd problem but a graphic card issue. I am not that great with computers. Can anyone tell me how I can solve this problem.
Thanks for reading.
My laptop Asus N550 JK

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
When it comes to laptops, their internals are a lot more sensitive than desktops. Everything is smaller, everything is more delicate. That's why I refuse to work on laptops in situations like this (having big hands doesn't help either).

But you are right, something is going on with the graphics card and it most likely needs to be readjusted or replaced. Can you include some pictures of the inside of it and what you've done so far?

omkar_4

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
I saw a couple of disassembly videos on youtube and compared with them. Everything looks perfect. But I am not able to solve the mystery of the white screen. Trying everything since 8 hours now. I am unable to post pictures.
PS:-I have already unplugged all connections to the motherboard and plugged them back in.
Removed the battery and pressed the power button for 30 seconds.