Question Laptop is dead. No lights, won't turn on.

Robert06

Prominent
Jun 8, 2021
Hello!

I know this question has been asked a lot, but I have looked on every forum I could and nothing helped me.

I have an Asus FX505GT laptop ( I7 9th gen and Nvidia GTX 1650 )

I was playing a game two days ago and my laptop just turned off. Nothing on the screen, nothing loading or any error message, laptop just died at an instant.

I have opened the back lid before, when I upgraded my RAM and added another SSD. So now I tried troubleshooting the problem with things I have found online.

I disconnected the battery and charger, held power button for around 1 minute, tried connecting them one by one and still, no sign of life. ( ALTHOUGH here I have found something recently, while still trying to figure out the problem. Sometimes, after I tried the who knows how many time to take out the CMOS battery, laptop's battery and charger, when I connected them again and tried powering on, I've seen FAINTLY the back-light of the keyboard bleeping a few times, very unnoticeable. I have tried to capture it on video multiple times, but can't catch when it happens. Maybe my laptop has NO POWER and the charger is just dead, I didn't notice the battery draining and it ran out of power? Maybe that could be it? )

Do you have any idea of things I could try? Also, I would try to repair it under warranty, I thought that my warranty would be voided when I took the back lid out so that is why I didn't send it for repairs right away when it happened two days ago. Now I could try to send it to them under the warranty, but I have a little problem, as you can see here: https://ibb.co/6ws47Hm & https://ibb.co/DC7PvpF , the warranty sticker is a bit damaged ( bent and ripped a little on the side ), but I never tried taking out the cooling system or whatnot, it just got damaged by me working around trying to fix my problem ( only messed up with the battery, RAM, charger and CMOS battery ), does my laptop still have warranty or does the damaged sticker void it?

Thank you in advance!

I would tell them you added RAM and a second SSD and that was why you opened the laptop. If you send it in, ask them if you should remove those parts first. If they replace the MB, you may not get them back.

If the problem was with the battery charging, there should have been a warning that the battery was getting low (unless the game writer could somehow suppress that). I suspect you have a more serious problem,

Robert06

Prominent
Jun 8, 2021
I would tell them you added RAM and a second SSD and that was why you opened the laptop. If you send it in, ask them if you should remove those parts first. If they replace the MB, you may not get them back.

If the problem was with the battery charging, there should have been a warning that the battery was getting low (unless the game writer could somehow suppress that). I suspect you have a more serious problem,
Yep, thank you for the reply. I've never used the warranty of the product, what do I do? Is there a number I should call? I send it directly to Asus? I found a number on their website I think, I tried reaching them through the live-chat but it didn't work. Maybe I can reach to them through the email?