Laptop is freezing at BIOS menu

trimi

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
When I boot this laptop it gets frozen in first screen while bios tries to identify hardware components. This is the sequence:
Phoenix cME FirstBIOS Notebook Pro
Copyright............etc

CPU Intel (R) Celeron (R) M Processor 1.60GHZ
639K System RAM Passed
446M Extended RAM Passed
1024K Cache SRAM Passed
System BIOS shadowed
Video BIOS shadowed
Fixed Dsik 0: TOSHIBA MK8025GAS
ATAPI CD-ROM: _NEC DVD+/_ rw nd-6650a
Mouse initialized

and at this point it stays very long time (sometimes 1 hour) sometimes longer so I have to press turn off button. Finally, after initializing the mouse, it displays "System Configuration Data Updated" (without quotes) and continues to Windows screen.
When it boots to Windows all the icons on the desktop flicker and shake, and it is impossible to work on it. When I try to type on a typing field (e.g. on Explorer address bar) the cursor types letters by itself without my interaction, making it impossible to do anything. I am typing this thread on another computer.
I managed to flash BIOS with current version, but the problem persists same as before. The BIOS is loaded on its defaults. I don't know what to do. I remained clueless.
Laptop model is Fujitsu Siemens Amilo L1310G,
I deeply appreciate your help!

trimi

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
I went through the pages of this forum in different categories, and I found that just few posts have been answered. I realized that this forum is for nowhere and people deal only with recreational matters like what pc to buy, etc, etc.. Very useless forum.

sriram_suresh

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Check out the teardown manual for your laptop online and strip it down to basics like without your battery and swap your RAM modules and perform a full power drain without connecting any power source by holding down the power button for 1 whole min and then try turning on your laptop.... If your laptop does have any diags please run it on the video memory and the RAM memory modules

trimi

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Thank you for your reply Sriram_suresh,
The problem I described above occurres intermittently, I will try to test what you suggested me. Maybe it is important to mention something I considered; What do you think about my battery charger, its output is: 19V ...... 3.42A, while the battery requires 20V...3.25A. However, I received it with the laptop from Fujitsu Siemens, and I wondered if 1V difference causes any problem.