Solved! HP 15 laptop won't boot but powers on

Jan 27, 2022
I'm having trouble with my laptop again, it powers on but shows no display, i cleaned my old ram and tried it but still nothing, then i bought a new ram but it still won't turn on, the fan would spin for a second then it would turn off, but i could hear the hard drive spinning normally

After a while of still not showing any display i connected its keyboard back (i disconnected its keyboard cause it keeps typing in random letters) and the caps lock light blinks twice, i read that it could be a bios failure, so i made a bootable bios recovery on my flash drive and tried to use it but still won't work, i don't think i can use the external keyboard since it won't show any signs of life when i plug it in, but my mouse lights up, is there anything else i can do?

Desire1503

Great
Feb 18, 2022
Hello.
Have you tried to disconnect the display port and reconnect it? Also, try to remove the display frame and have a look at the port on the display, sometimes the cable disconnects itself.
If that doesn't work for you, try to use an external display.

Desire1503

Great
Feb 18, 2022
Hello.
Have you tried to disconnect the display port and reconnect it? Also, try to remove the display frame and have a look at the port on the display, sometimes the cable disconnects itself.
If that doesn't work for you, try to use an external display.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SirDeafCheese Laptop Tech Support 3
alexandru123123 Laptop Tech Support 1
phosi Laptop Tech Support 11
kursat42 Laptop Tech Support 4
leon black Laptop Tech Support 4
Toma_Tsvetkov Laptop Tech Support 0
Veeb Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 5
iamhamza447 Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
tammylouise Laptop Tech Support 1