Solved! Laptop keeps crashing

joshua_gollaher

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
Well, a few months ago, my laptop started crashing randomly. It crashes on average once per hour. I have tried scanning for viruses with malware-bytes(no viruses), doing a ram integrity test, (it passed) and checking for overheating(max temp was 60c). None of these have worked. I have a hp laptop with an intel core i3 6100U, intel hd graphics 520, and 8gb ram.

Solution
Hello... This/My computer, WIN 7 OS install doesn't have either of those files/folders in it... Click on details and google search these items... if you find the Owner/Program/APP that installed them... Just un-install and re-install them... that would be the easiest.

But try and repair those files/folders errors first, and then the Kernel 41's Could go away for you too B /

2) How old is the HD?
3) Do you do any regular disk maintenance?
4) Does anti-malware/virus show any problems with /SRU folder or it's files?

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... Give us some details/descriptions of the "crash"
1) Does the OS freeze... and you must cycle power back to the OS?
2) OR does the OS cause the laptop to "re-boot"
3) what messages or screens do you get?

joshua_gollaher

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
Like if im playing a game, and it crashes, it doesn't go to the "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart screen," the screen just freezes. The weird part is that the audio keeps on going, like I can hear the people talking in game. And the mouse can still move, but if I click it, then it freezes. Also, the keyboard doesn't work, even the keys to like mute the audio.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... the intel CPU/GPU is a not a powerful gaming device... But you do need to allocate system memory for it... look into you BIO's and see if you can allocate more memory to it (save&exit)... as "simple test".

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... OK... good info... B /
APPs Calls can cause them... and OS Calls can cause them... and hardware can cause them... We need to fix/look at them in that order first.

1) kernel 41 errors mean the OS was not properly shut down... either by You OR the hardware.

Here is the Windows event debug screen.

You NEED to be logged on as administrator to the OS...

Let's see what the OS is reporting as the error... Right click computer-manage-System Tools-Event Viewer-Windows Logs-System/Applications/Security.... Click on the "RED" errors, for more information, General/Details... and files/drivers/Apps, comments/suggestions/information associated with them B )

Expanding Window panes and Posting screen images from here will help Us, help you faster... But copy and posting text will work too B )

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... OK there seems to be problems will some basic Windows system32 folder/files... and also OS shutting down improperly.
img 1) kernel 41 errors
img 2) efswrt.dll
img 3) folder SRU hash analisys

Next step is to see "Who Owns" those files and directory for a replacement or removal... locate the files and right click them for properties/info/owners.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... This/My computer, WIN 7 OS install doesn't have either of those files/folders in it... Click on details and google search these items... if you find the Owner/Program/APP that installed them... Just un-install and re-install them... that would be the easiest.

But try and repair those files/folders errors first, and then the Kernel 41's Could go away for you too B /

2) How old is the HD?
3) Do you do any regular disk maintenance?
4) Does anti-malware/virus show any problems with /SRU folder or it's files?

Solution