Laptop keeps on dying.

akoposirazor

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
I've been experiencing this problem for a while now. Whenever I play games. (Warframe,CSGO, Dota 2, etc) By the time I leave the Main Menu of the game and start playing my laptop dies like it just turns off without warning. I think it is because of overheating problems. So I took it to a repair shop and had it fixed. But after a week the problem started again. and I brought it back to the repair shop and had its Thermal paste replaced and after 2 months the problem came back. So I had its fans check just in case for dusts. and the repair guy told me that my fans ( the one from near the vents of the left) were getting stuck from time to time. They never told me what it got stucked to. So I had its fans fixed now I do hear the fans now. But after like 6months the problem came back and right now I think its not because of overheating anymore. I do not know whats causing it to die now. The temps are always above 60C and never goes lower than that unless I go to an ACd room. Maybe my room temp can cause my laptop to die? The Fans' RPM is 2400. Minimum at 1500 and Maximum at 3000 maybe It got slower when I had its fans fixed? My laptop has a battery problem so I always leave it charging/plugged when unplugged my laptop suddenly dies but I do not think that's the case.

Laptop Model is ASUS K43SJ

Thanks for reading. I hope you could help me with this problem any suggestion or help is appreciated.
(sorry for having some grammatical errors.)

Solution
I'd use something like CoreTemp and GPU-z to monitor temperatures while gaming.
The model of laptop you mentioned has old 5-series Nvidia graphics and a 2nd generation "i series" CPU.

If it's overheating..
I'd put a frame limit on games and turn the settings all the way down, as well as using something like Nvidia Inspector and intel XTU to reduce clocks and voltages to keep temperatures down.
One immediate thing you can do is go into Event Viewer and look for error codes or warnings that occur just before or at the time of the shutdown.

Event Viewer logs many things that happen on a computer. Takes some time to understand how the logs are arranged and how to navigate around.

Look for a log with lots of entries. Right-clicking an entry will provide more information and detail. You can google any error codes you find to learn more about the error, possible causes, and maybe how to fix things.

See what you can find.

davesnothere

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
I don't know if your laptop can run without its battery, but you could see if the battery is causing the overheat issue by removing the battery and see if it overheats.

Faux_Grey

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
I'd use something like CoreTemp and GPU-z to monitor temperatures while gaming.
The model of laptop you mentioned has old 5-series Nvidia graphics and a 2nd generation "i series" CPU.

If it's overheating..
I'd put a frame limit on games and turn the settings all the way down, as well as using something like Nvidia Inspector and intel XTU to reduce clocks and voltages to keep temperatures down.

Solution