Question Laptop lights blink... but laptop not switching on

Feb 10, 2019
I have an old acer laptop that used to be working fine for a long time but now for some reason when I kept on charging it while using it suddenly one day stopped working..

I removed the battery n pressed the power button for 1min and then plugged it back on but when I press the power button, an orange light flashes 5 times and then stops... but still no display
When I removed the battery and connected the power jack only and pressed the power button, a blue light blinks once or twice... but still no display...

Pls anyone’s help would be greatly appreciated and thanx a lot for your valuable time

Feb 10, 2019
I have an old acer laptop that used to be working fine for a long time but now for some reason when I kept on charging it while using it suddenly one day stopped working..

I removed the battery n pressed the power button for 1min and then plugged it back on but when I press the power button, an orange light flashes 5 times and then stops... but still no display
When I removed the battery and connected the power jack only and pressed the power button, a blue light blinks once or twice... but still no display...

Pls anyone’s help would be greatly appreciated and thanx a lot for your valuable time

Pls someone reply fast.... its an emergency as i have some important files stored in that laptop

Feb 10, 2019
It could be a number of things. However, I would suggest starting with a new battery. Some devices won't work without a functioning battery. Just be sure you get an OEM one and not an aftermarket one. Those can be harmful to a device.
Thx a lot for ur reply...
But is there a way in which i could use my existing acer battery... the battery is a li-ion rechargable battery

I am not telling you that you can't use other brands that are made for that device. What I am saying is that if you use an aftermarket one you take risks. The battery itself may not be any good at all, they are often hit or miss in functioning correctly. On top of this, some manufacturers put limitings in their laptops making alternate batteries not even work. Additionally, some aftermarket batteries use inferior components which can lead to damage to your laptop.

Feb 10, 2019
I am not telling you that you can't use other brands that are made for that device. What I am saying is that if you use an aftermarket one you take risks. The battery itself may not be any good at all, they are often hit or miss in functioning correctly. On top of this, some manufacturers put limitings in their laptops making alternate batteries not even work. Additionally, some aftermarket batteries use inferior components which can lead to damage to your laptop.
Ohh ok.. it’s better if I buy the associated battery right?

Feb 10, 2019
One more question... my laptop fell down some months before and there are some black spots randomly in it. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

I am assuming you mean black spots on the display?

It will really depend. However usually such spots mean damage to the display. Try testing it out though by starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if you see them in there. If you do, then it is likely the display is damaged. If you don't see them in there, then it may be driver related.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1