Laptop max upgrade

Mar 15, 2018
I have a dell inspiron 3520 in which I added 4 extra gigs of ram, making up a total of 8. I have intel i 3 3rd gen I think. I wanna know how I can completly max my computer (processor, graphics card, etc. I have no budget but I wanna max this one before I get another one.

Solution
Well. Like i said you cant upgrade GPU inside your laptop which runs your Graphics. I know few people who turned theyre old laptops to mid level gaming laptops with processor / ssd and egpu upgrades but this expensive. If your motherboard supports exp gdc beast you can make few cheap choices however.

This would make your laptop desktop btw, you cant easily plug out eGPU since it goes to your wifi slot.

SSD is optional, processor and egpu is required to make it low-mid level gaming laptop.
What kinda games you would like to play and on what Graphics?

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
1. ssd

You cant game much on that laptop since it only has integrated intel Graphics and you cant update them. But SSD is always very fast and future proof since you can move it to new laptop aswell. Looking from crucial your laptop supports sata3 which is fastest you can have. So first you should get brand like samsung evo ssd 120gb is a good size if your not keeping much stuff other than few games and files at a time.

2. processor

i3 is a dual core so no matter which generation it is... dual core can even be problem watching 1080p videos so getting i5 or i7 would be nice option. Important, download prime95 and hwmonitor. Run hwmonitor so you see cpu core temperatures and then run prime95 on blend default settings for 15-30 minutes. What core temperatures you get about? Maximum?
Your HM75 chipset supports up to i7 but your motherboard bios could of locked cpu support to only i3 or i5, so its kinda risky

http://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket%20G2%20(rPGA988B).html

Check TDP should be 35w and there is i5 and i7 models which have that, if you go over 35w there could be problems like thermal heating and you would need new heatsink, that could be the case even with same tdp i7 but less likely.

Intel Core i7-3632QM would be best 35w TDP it has 4 cores and 8 threads running at 2.2ghz i have no idea about price.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Before you start to have other ideas about upgrading your I3 2350M SandyBridge...no!
You can not upgrade the gpu of your laptop.
Upgrading the processor requires serious expertise, I do not know if you are able to. I would simply say, you can not upgrade the proc.

The only stuffs you can easily upgrade is only the RAM and SSD

Mar 15, 2018
I know for a fact I can use an i5 3380m and I know how alot about repairing and switiching out parts but not the extent of upgrading. Hell, I'm willing switch out the motherboard, and everything that i can. I can play some games from 2017 and even gta 5, I just wanna make it into a gaming laptop instead of getting 30+- fps on almost everything.

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
Well. Like i said you cant upgrade GPU inside your laptop which runs your Graphics. I know few people who turned theyre old laptops to mid level gaming laptops with processor / ssd and egpu upgrades but this expensive. If your motherboard supports exp gdc beast you can make few cheap choices however.

This would make your laptop desktop btw, you cant easily plug out eGPU since it goes to your wifi slot.

SSD is optional, processor and egpu is required to make it low-mid level gaming laptop.
What kinda games you would like to play and on what Graphics?

Solution

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
If you dont go EGPU then your gaming experience will stay the same even if you go for i7 processor, makes little to no change.

EXP gdc beast is cheapeast options you can get it from 20-60 dollars here is video of installation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIo93jMrAQ8

I had it in few laptops, drivers can be hassle sometimes but you work it out in the end.
This will also even lower your motherboard temperatures since your Graphics will be outside of laptop.
8GB ram is more than okay, processor needs upgrading depending on your needs.