Jan 21, 2017
Toshiba satellite pro L670 will not boot it just keeps saying:

Boot failed: P1-TOSHIBA HDWJ105
Boot failed: DVDRAM GT 30N
Boot failed: FDD
Boot failed: Realtek boot agent
Realtek PCIe GBE family controller series
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

I then get the boot menu where I enter the bios setup & HDD/SSD says not installed but if I hit the F2 to enter setup when the laptop first turns on it says the Toshiba HDWJ105 & not the not installed message I get when clicking enter bios setup. I’ve done the take the battery out hold power wait & try without the battery & charger plugged in only but it’s the same results.

Last edited:
Solution
It sounds to me like the HD boot sector is corrupted or the HD is failed. The error messages are telling you it is trying several prospective boot sources in sequence (none of which except the HD are really normally bootable. Look on the internet for a bootable diagnostic, install it on a USB stick and see if the HD if found. If not, it may be failed. If it is found run a test on it. There are many tools available on the Internet that can repair a boot sector if that is the only problem. If you don't care about the data on your HD (hopefullly it's backed up). This may be a good time to install an SSD. The performance improvement is large.
Try booting from a Linux dvd. They usually run directly from the dvd and do not do anything...
It sounds to me like the HD boot sector is corrupted or the HD is failed. The error messages are telling you it is trying several prospective boot sources in sequence (none of which except the HD are really normally bootable. Look on the internet for a bootable diagnostic, install it on a USB stick and see if the HD if found. If not, it may be failed. If it is found run a test on it. There are many tools available on the Internet that can repair a boot sector if that is the only problem. If you don't care about the data on your HD (hopefullly it's backed up). This may be a good time to install an SSD. The performance improvement is large.

buteman

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Try booting from a Linux dvd. They usually run directly from the dvd and do not do anything to your hard disc. In the file manager you should be able to see your hard disc and if it is faulty it's quite possible you can repair it or at least copy any file you need off it onto a usb stick or external usb drive.

Solution