I have an alienware 17 with gtx 770m i removed my gpu (to see if next time i want to upgrade it and how to put it) but after i reputed my gpu the laptop is not detecting it !! What should i do plz help
When you say it's not being detected, did you check Device Manager and under Display Adapter it's not showing up correct?
- First do a clean install of the graphics card.
- Uninstall anything related to Nvidia from Device Manager and Programs and Features.
- Once uninstalled, go to Nvidia's website and see if it will be detected and have a driver for it.
- Here's the link: http/www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- If it will be detected proceed with installing it's driver.
- If all these will not work, I would suggest opening the laptop again and make sure that everything is seated properly specially the GPU.