Laptop not starting with new hard drive

Deku Midoriya

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
I have the Asus ROG Gl552vw. Recently my computer had a really bad crash, bad enough that it wouldn't boot anymore and I had to repair windows. I thought that would be the end but then the hard drive started to die(I don't know if the crash messed it up or if it was the other way around). S.M.A.R.T status bad, CrystalDiskInfo saying its in bad condition also. So I get a new hard drive and install it, hit power and...nothing. With the new hard drive the computer won't start, the light for power blinks then nothing. It still boots with the old dying hard drive, I assumed that I got unlucky and ended up with a bad new hard drive(it did get shipped to me, bad mailman maybe?). So I head to microcenter and get another one and the same thing happens. Help please. It might still be in warranty but it was dropped once long ago so I don't know if that warranty would still cover this, or if asus would just say that it was because of the drop. That's assuming I can find any kind of receipt.
Tl;dr: Laptop turns on with old hard drive but won't with new one.

Deku Midoriya

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
I know bumping is against the rules but i'm perfectly willing to get banned if it means getting an answer. There's no way in hell i'll be able to get a new laptop and without it ill have nothing to go online with and won't be able to contact anyone.

Deku Midoriya

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Deku Midoriya : "Laptop wont turn on with new hard drive in"

I have the Asus ROG Gl552vw. Recently my computer had a really bad crash, bad enough that it wouldn't boot anymore and I had to repair windows. I thought that would be the end but then the hard drive started to die(I don't know if the crash messed it up or if it was the other way around). S.M.A.R.T status bad, CrystalDiskInfo saying its in bad condition also. So I get a new hard drive and install it, hit power and...nothing. With the new hard drive the computer won't start, the light for power blinks then nothing. It still boots with the old dying hard drive, I assumed that I got unlucky and ended up with a bad new hard drive(it did get shipped to me, bad mailman maybe?). So I head to microcenter and get another one and the same thing happens. Help please.
Tl;dr: Laptop turns on with old hard drive but won't with new one.

Deku Midoriya

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Deku Midoriya : "Laptop gets no power with new hard drive installed"

For the love of god someone please help me