laptop not switching on with battery only

yashtes

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Hello I have A HP pavilion dv6 but it is not switching on with battery only but it says battery 100% charged and it works with the adapter only it swithches off as soon as i remove the charger please help mee!!!.

Do the following and it should allow you to charge the battery again. If, however, after even fully charging it still won't start the laptop, only run it after it is already started, then you are either going to always start when attached to the cord or get a new battery.

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, if not yet, no big deal. Now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

Just because it says it is charged doesn't mean it is holding enough of a charge. Especially if it seems to charge quickly. Also, if the battery is not functioning correctly then it may well not be able to give the laptop enough power to turn on.

It sounds like you need a new battery.

yashtes

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
it does not seem to charge fast because i actually don't know i never saw it charge because i cant drain the battery without using the laptop without the charger i hope that made sense!!!

yashtes

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

yes it did work but then one day i left it to charge overnight then it stopped working

Do the following and it should allow you to charge the battery again. If, however, after even fully charging it still won't start the laptop, only run it after it is already started, then you are either going to always start when attached to the cord or get a new battery.

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, if not yet, no big deal. Now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
maybeits_jack Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2