Laptop not turning on battery

Shaheryar_2

Prominent
May 4, 2017
Hello!
i was playing a game(db xv 2) on my Toshiba satellite laptop on battery.After a while it completely turned off without any kind of warning and this was first time it happened.Now, my laptop wont run on battery rather only when it is plugged in.Please help me..........:heink:
i will send screenshots if anyone wants.

Solution
I personally would say both need replacing. Cost I can't answer. Depends on where you live, where to you get the parts, etc. Note: It is also wise to avoid aftermarket parts. While they say they are just as good. It can really be hit and miss with them.
Try seeing if the battery will charge when the laptop is turned off or not.

If not, then your battery probably needs replacing. If it will charge the battery when off, allowing you to run the laptop with just the battery then, but won't charge it when the laptop is on, then your charger cord is the problem and needs replacing.

Shaheryar_2

Prominent
May 4, 2017

the battery still charges while off.I have noticed that battery percentage sometimes changes from 31% to 100 and vice versa.So what u suggest now ?

It sounds like that both parts need replacing then. If a battery jumps quickly to 100%, then it isn't actually using all of the battery. It no longer can access part of it. That happens when a battery is going. And that it won't charge when the laptop is on, means the charger cord is also going.

Shaheryar_2

Prominent
May 4, 2017

but how can charging cord supply power i mean i am able to run laptop perfectly on connecting charger.(e.G by supplying power or connecting to ac adapter)and i am saying that it does not charge but while on battery percentage remains same it do not discharge.

Because a charger has to put out a certain amount of power to both charge a battery and run the device at the same time. But if putting out less than what it should, it will only be able to either run the device, or charge the battery when the device isn't turned on. Eventually it won't even do that.

Shaheryar_2

Prominent
May 4, 2017

so what should i have to replace and how much it gonna cost?

I personally would say both need replacing. Cost I can't answer. Depends on where you live, where to you get the parts, etc. Note: It is also wise to avoid aftermarket parts. While they say they are just as good. It can really be hit and miss with them.

Solution