Question laptop only uses dedicated gpu

Jun 23, 2020
i'm using a old laptop, a 2011 one that has a geforce 310m, and the cpu has intel hd graphics, however the laptop only uses and recognizes the dedicated gpu, i want it to use both depending on what i'm doing and if i'm on battery or not

Sep 4, 2020
Not much i guess, seem weird. i guess youll have to go the hard way and try taking off the intel graphics (probs stupid to say, i bet its built in the cpu lol) and when u want the graphics put back in, then take out gpu

Jun 23, 2020
Not much i guess, seem weird. i guess youll have to go the hard way and try taking off the intel graphics (probs stupid to say, i bet its built in the cpu lol) and when u want the graphics put back in, then take out gpu
it is built into the cpu, plus it's a laptop.
i think it's weird because my actual laptop, a dell with both intel uhd and radeon gpu switches the gpu depending on what i'm using, for example, if i'm on chrome it uses the intel uhd, and when i'm playing games it uses de radeon dedicated gpu, and most laptops with dedicated gpus work like that

Sep 4, 2020
it is built into the cpu, plus it's a laptop.
i think it's weird because my actual laptop, a dell with both intel uhd and radeon gpu switches the gpu depending on what i'm using, for example, if i'm on chrome it uses the intel uhd, and when i'm playing games it uses de radeon dedicated gpu, and most laptops with dedicated gpus work like that
true, might be tough then. you might have to try swapping out the cpu but the problem like you said is its a laptop, so you cant really just swap comps im sure unlike a desktop.. so like i said might be tough :/