Laptop overheats with fairly minimal use. And is extremely loud.

Noobius

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
Laptop: HP Pavilion G6. I have had it for about 2 years, and use it for work and I used to use it to play some games.

Issue:
I can't use any games without it overheating in about 5-10 minutes (I have cleaned the fans many times). This is why I deleted all of them and haven't played any in about 2 months.
Even the tiniest use of it makes it very loud, so loud that it is easy to here from upstairs in the opposite side of my house (and it isn't a small house).
The battery drains very quickly (I mean, in around 10 minutes, with minimal use). I get the 'battery needs replacing message (I think it is 601 or something like that).

I am getting a new battery, but surely the loudness and the overheating couldn't be caused by that.

Hi,

When you clean the inside of your laptop did you make sure as well that there's no dust accumulated into the cooling fins? It's like where the cooper tube rest to be cooled? I've had that same experience wherein I didn't noticed that there are dust that accumulated into the cooling fins which cause my laptop to overheat more. I also did apply new thermal paste onto the CPU to help in cooling it down more. :)