Solved! Laptop performance issue

Dec 21, 2020
Hi, I bought a second hand gaming laptop it's msi gs65 stealth 8se with rtx2060, i7 8750h but I've been noticing performance issues such as low fps in games along with extreme levels of cpu temperature, like in games, I'm getting the same fps on lowest or highest settings there's absolutely no difference in fps on both settings, I've tried everything to fix it I even tried changing the cpu and gpu thermal paste and undervolting the cpu as well but nothing seemed to change.
But the ac charger that I'm using right now is not the original one, it's a razer blade 165W, 8.5A while the original one is 230W, 11.8A.
Now I'm wondering if buying the original ac charger will change anything, because it definitely costs a lot.
Thank you for helping me out guys.

Solution
Hi, I bought a second hand gaming laptop it's msi gs65 stealth 8se with rtx2060, i7 8750h but I've been noticing performance issues such as low fps in games along with extreme levels of cpu temperature, like in games, I'm getting the same fps on lowest or highest settings there's absolutely no difference in fps on both settings, I've tried everything to fix it I even tried changing the cpu and gpu thermal paste and undervolting the cpu as well but nothing seemed to change.
But the ac charger that I'm using right now is not the original one, it's a razer blade 165W, 8.5A while the original one is 230W, 11.8A.
Now I'm wondering if buying the original ac charger will change anything, because it definitely costs a lot.
Thank you for...
Dec 17, 2020
Thank you for helping me out guys.

Technically your model MSI GS65 Stealth 8SE doesn't use a 230W Brick instead it uses a 180W Brick, and the other Higher end versions with RTX 2070 Max-Q & RTX 2080 Max-Q use 230W Brick.

Try to borrow an Original AC Brick or any Charger with similar to same Specifications for your laptop from somewhere if possible or try to reach out to the MSI Support Store for testing if possible.

I don't think it would make much difference, I might as well be wrong. Better safe than sorry... Try it with an Original Charger and check for any differences. But of-course there will be no difference in Temps as these Stealth laptops tend to get toasty. Undervolting will really help a lot and at most times it would even get you more performance out of it as there would be more thermal head room. I understand that you have tried undervolting already, but better try to start with -125mV (offset) on both core and cache and drop it further and find your most stable sweet spot. I found -144.5mV (offset) to be better stable and at the same time generates less heat without losing much performance. Lock the core boost clock to 3.0 GHz on your last two cores and increment by 100 MHz for each of the following pairs of cores i.e., Core 0 & 1 = 3.2 GHz, Cores 2 & 3 = 3.1 GHz, Cores 4 & 5 = 3.0 GHz. Of course this will affect your actual performance (that you should theoretically be able to squeeze out of your machine without no undervolt if there were no thermal throttling of any sorts) but will be much better than with no undervolt settings because of thermal throttling.

Solution