Solved! laptop plugged in but not charging

Apr 22, 2018
Hi guys ,

I have a problem with my laptop . It is plugged it but it is not charging . I used it last night and it was working ok . I went to work this morning and when I came back and turned it on , even though it is connected to the charger , battery appears empty . I got the laptop from a relative and I have to specify I keep it connected all the time and if I disconnect it from the charger it shuts down after maybe 10 minutes . Now the battery LED is blinking red even when it is turned off . The adaptor is receiving power because it has the blue light on . I tried removing the battery and tried turning it on , but no success . Could it be the cable from the adaptor to the laptop malfunctioning somehow ? When I took the battery out , I felt it slightly warm . Anything I can try ?

Thanks

Solution
Ok so aparently it was the charger . Weird enough is that when I plugged the old charger in , the LED on it would turn on which is a sign that it is getting power , but dunno why it's not charging . My guess is that the actual tip that connects to the laptop got broken/damaged . Fixed with a new charger .
Apr 22, 2018
Ok I have replaced the battery however it is still not charging . After plugging it in I heard a sound that was recognising the fact that I have connected it to a power source , still not charging . The LED on the charger just shut down after a couple of seconds . Unplugged the charger and replugged it , connected it to the laptop , doesn't charge . Not even the blinking yellow battery LED that was activating before . Gonna replace charger too , that should fix it .

Apr 22, 2018
Ok so aparently it was the charger . Weird enough is that when I plugged the old charger in , the LED on it would turn on which is a sign that it is getting power , but dunno why it's not charging . My guess is that the actual tip that connects to the laptop got broken/damaged . Fixed with a new charger .

Solution