Laptop projection to projector and tv simultaneously.

GAPastor

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
i project from my laptop using HDMI port. I added a splitter at the laptop so I can simultaneously project using both the projector and a tv. I cannot get the signal to the tv. Even when I unplug the projector from laptop and run HDMI directly to the tv it still shows no signal.

Solution
If you have the resolution of the laptop higher than the TV can accept then it won't work. Set the HDMI output as a 2nd screen and set that to the native resolution of the TV. You won't be able to run the projector at the higher resolution at the same time as the TV.
The laptop, "splitter", cables and displays all interact. If the specs are off on one of them it can cause problems.
Sometimes you have to turn sources and displays on in a different order. It can also take 5-10 seconds for a display to lock onto the HDMI signal.
If you have the resolution of the laptop higher than the TV can accept then it won't work. Set the HDMI output as a 2nd screen and set that to the native resolution of the TV. You won't be able to run the projector at the higher resolution at the same time as the TV.
The laptop, "splitter", cables and displays all interact. If the specs are off on one of them it can cause problems.
Sometimes you have to turn sources and displays on in a different order. It can also take 5-10 seconds for a display to lock onto the HDMI signal.

Solution