1.5 to two years at least
DVD is ok but blueray would be nice
Lenovo I don't like as the build quality is not great
I live In the us
Also I want nice integrated
To read this go to the faq

LummusMaximus

Honorable
So, k was going to recommend a Lenovo until you said it won't do it for you. What will you use the disk drive for? Just put in the disk and install whatever, then put it on your shelf to gather dust? Will it be to watch movies, or does it need to be in to play games?

Anyway, for $1300, you can get a Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p configured with a second graphics card in the disk drive slot. The second card can be swapped out for the disk drive at any time, the system just needs to be turned off + battery removed. A decent external USB disk drive would only be about $30, though, so that's worth a look.

For $1300 the Lenovo can have dual GeForce 750M graphics cards in SLI, a quad core i7 processor, 8GB RAM, 1080p screen, 1TB HDD.

So why don't you like Lenovos specifically? Can you elaborate? i.e. What was your negative experience?

LummusMaximus

Honorable
That's unfortunate, they're usually quite good systems. Maybe look out for an ASUS G55VW on Amazon, and it's a good gaming laptop for ~1200 dollars. It also has a bloody amazing cooling system, keeps the quad core processor and GeForce 6xx cool. The only problem is that it runs last-gen tech: the processor performance isn't significantly lower but battery life suffers, and the GeForce chip is simply outdated. However, It'll still perform quite well.

If I was in the market for a gaming laptop I would probably get the Gigabyte P25k-CF2. Before taxes it costs $1,299. You get a 3% discount if you pay with "Cash" which includes a check, money order, or bank wire transfer; that works out to $1,260. It comes with the following:

Pros:
+ Core i7-4700MQ
+ 2 mSATA ports so that you can add mSATA SSD drives in the future.
+ 2 fans and dual exhaust. One for the CPU and one for the GPU. Both can run a lower speed to reduce fan noise, but still effective for cooling.
+ 4 Channel speakers
+ Matte screen which is not damn reflective like a glossy screen (at least it's a plus for me)
+ Comes standard with 12GB of RAM
+ Comes standard with Windows 7 (at least that's a plus for me)

Cons:
- Yellow cover
- If you want Win 8 instead of Win 7, then you need to pony up another $104.

http://www.xoticpc.com/gigabyte-p25kcf2-p-6258.html

LummusMaximus

Honorable

I agree, the Y510p has heat problems. SLI can be hard to set up, and I've heard AMD CrossFire is worse. The $1700 version of that machine comes with a GeForce 770M, but it's a few hundred out of budget. I definitely agree that the P25K is something you should be looking at.

TRENDING THREADS