Solved! Laptop Reccomendation (help me i am a noob) (Questionnaire Filled Out)

May 26, 2020
1. What is your budget?
700€ - 800€

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14" - 15"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Honestly i would like a hybrid between the two.

5. How much battery life do you need?
i think that 5 hours max is good. I just don't think I will be using it on the road a lot. I just want it to be somewhat autonomous.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I mostly play Guild Wars 2, been wanting to get into games like Doom, Skyrim/ESO etc and i would like it if i could run them on medium, medium-high settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Pretending i program and hopefully some actual programming in the future, Gaming, general homework

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
1Tb maximum but that is not required. as long as it is over 500Gb i'm good (i think)

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Something that can preferably ship to Greece like amazon would be awesome but i can always try to buy it off a greek website.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Idk, 3-4 years i guess, i really don't know what the life expectancy for the average laptop is.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Blu-ray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't think i need one and if need be i'll use an external one

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
This is My first time buying a laptop so i really don't have a preference

13. What country do you live in?
Greece

PLease note that while i do have a vague i dea of the market i do not have a very good understanding of the prices yet so if something has to be downgraded in order for me to stay on this price tag please tell me! Thanks a lot !

Solution
Assuming i sacrificed lets say the total memory to a 256Gb ssd, would i be able to stay in budget?

Still depends on what is available to you, specific models are area dependent, but in general if you look for a system with a gaming video card it will have the specs to do everything else pretty well. 1050Ti is probably the lowest card I would try to get if the goal is playing games on it. Go to whatever places/web sites you can order from in your country and see what is available with that video card or higher. Probably easier to just search by video card and price rather than just price, and I would strong recommend getting a system with an SSD vs one without unless you are OK with swapping in your own SSD and doing a...
For your budget, especially in a country where hardware is more expensive than others, your budget is just a bit too low to get into all the things you want. You can have a nice screen and good storage but at the expense of a decent video card. Or get a gaming video card but a smaller drive and RAM amount. Standard drives are really not a good idea now, solid state drives make the system much more usable but add to the cost, which hits your budget limit. You may want to look at some used systems in your area with an nVidia 1060 video card or a 1070, those a few years old would be in your price range.

Really depends on what is available to you. In US market and money $800 can get you a lower spec gaming system with a 500 gb solid state.

Assuming i sacrificed lets say the total memory to a 256Gb ssd, would i be able to stay in budget?

Still depends on what is available to you, specific models are area dependent, but in general if you look for a system with a gaming video card it will have the specs to do everything else pretty well. 1050Ti is probably the lowest card I would try to get if the goal is playing games on it. Go to whatever places/web sites you can order from in your country and see what is available with that video card or higher. Probably easier to just search by video card and price rather than just price, and I would strong recommend getting a system with an SSD vs one without unless you are OK with swapping in your own SSD and doing a Windows setup on that, or cloning the old drive to it.

Solution