Solved! Laptop screen ghosting and lag.

Sep 5, 2019
Laptop Asus x45u.
Windows 7.

my laptop screen still retain ghost image of previous shutdown and slow to display an image, even during boot.
But display fine through hdmi to external monitor.

Solution
First try updating your graphics driver and see if this resolves it. NOTE: If the driver was recently updated, then try going back to the prior driver.

If this doesn't resolve it, you may want to check the cable that connects the display to see if it is loose or damage.

Should this not help, then you are looking at either a GPU issue or a display issue. Since you say it works fine on the external monitor, then you need to determine if both the attached display and the external monitor are indeed using the same graphics or not. If they are, then it is likely the display that is the issue. If, however, they aren't using the same graphics then it could be that is the issue.

NOTE: If the laptop is under warranty, then I would just...
First try updating your graphics driver and see if this resolves it. NOTE: If the driver was recently updated, then try going back to the prior driver.

If this doesn't resolve it, you may want to check the cable that connects the display to see if it is loose or damage.

Should this not help, then you are looking at either a GPU issue or a display issue. Since you say it works fine on the external monitor, then you need to determine if both the attached display and the external monitor are indeed using the same graphics or not. If they are, then it is likely the display that is the issue. If, however, they aren't using the same graphics then it could be that is the issue.

NOTE: If the laptop is under warranty, then I would just contact the manufacturer for a repair.

Solution
Sep 5, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

Try uninstall the graphics driver and rool back to previous older version, but the problem persisted. My laptop only have onboard graphic, so internal and external monitor use the same gpu.
So now i assume it L.C.D defect, right?