Solved! Laptop screen issue

Solution
Sounds like you either have a problem with the cable connecting the display, or (and more likely) there is a damage to the display itself.

If you have a warranty on the laptop, I would contact the manufacturer. However, if there is no warranty, then you need to decide if you are comfortable opening it up or not to check for the problem.

Should you decide to try and do it yourself, then I would start with seeing if there is a location where the two sides (of the display) are not staying connected. Where it is separating. If it is something simple like a damaged connection, loose screw, etc., then you should be able to fix it. Should that not resolve it, then you need to check the cable that connects the display to the motherboard...
Sounds like you either have a problem with the cable connecting the display, or (and more likely) there is a damage to the display itself.

If you have a warranty on the laptop, I would contact the manufacturer. However, if there is no warranty, then you need to decide if you are comfortable opening it up or not to check for the problem.

Should you decide to try and do it yourself, then I would start with seeing if there is a location where the two sides (of the display) are not staying connected. Where it is separating. If it is something simple like a damaged connection, loose screw, etc., then you should be able to fix it. Should that not resolve it, then you need to check the cable that connects the display to the motherboard. Check it for bends, pinches, tears, etc. Also check that where it connects to the display itself isn't loose.

If you are unable to resolve it yourself, then I would try a local tech.

Solution
Mar 25, 2019

Should you decide to try and do it yourself, then I would start with seeing if there is a location where the two sides (of the display) are not staying connected. Where it is separating. If it is something simple like a damaged connection, loose screw, etc., then you should be able to fix it. Should that not resolve it, then you need to check the cable that connects the display to the motherboard. Check it for bends, pinches, tears, etc. Also check that where it connects to the display itself isn't loose.

If the LCD screen is busted then why does screen go back to normal when I touch besel