Solved! Laptop screens standards?

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
I have a hp pavilion dv7 2173cl, I was wondering if I could get a 1920x1080 screen and put it in. I searched online for a replacement screen and they only seam to make the 1600x900 displays, this is what I have now :(.

So I was wondering if there is any standardization at all with laptop screens. I know the size the very common, 17.3 inch.
Is a "cousin" of my laptop that has a 1920x1080 screen and will have the same screen connectors and fit in my screen frame. Know a web sight that has that kind of information?

Thanks

Solution
umm, if you find another HP of the same size, the screen MIGHT fit into yours, but then there's no gurantee the connections will work at all. Long story short, you can do it, but it will be a flimsy solution.

There's no website, call up HP and ask to speak with the parts department, then work with them to find something that would fit.

wintermint

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Well the llanos that are being released usually come with 1600x900 which makes everything tiny btw. Before llano, majority of laptop you find in retailers like bestbuy and whatnot are like shitty 1366x768. Yep.. :p

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
I did some more looking around and it looks like the new model of my laptop (dv7t) , has the 1920x1080 option, I just need to figure out if they are compatible. They physically look similar the have the ports in the same places. and there built the same. but I know that doesn't tell me if anything is the same "under the hood".

AntiZig

Distinguished
umm, if you find another HP of the same size, the screen MIGHT fit into yours, but then there's no gurantee the connections will work at all. Long story short, you can do it, but it will be a flimsy solution.

There's no website, call up HP and ask to speak with the parts department, then work with them to find something that would fit.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS