Laptop shutdown by itself with no warning

dedmaw5

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Ok, this problem has been for a while. My Laptop will force shutdown when I play a game, and this occurs when I shutdown my laptop and then when I open it again and play a game it will instantly shutdown. It's a 7 year old laptop and I play CS:GO on it. before you say my laptop cant run this game, I can run this on 100 FPS on 1028*768 4:3 aspect ratio.

Laptop is N5010 Dell Inspiron:
i3 350m @2.27
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series 1 GB (latest drivers) AMD has stopped updating it.
6 GB
Windows 10

I have also unparked the CPU.

Solution
Have you checked the temps when this happens? As it sounds like it may be overheating.

There are some good monitoring programs out there (for free) that you can install to keep an eye on the temps. Install one and see what temps you get at different times. If the program you install has the ability to log the info (most do) have it set to do that so that if your laptop turns off again, you should have info on what the temps were.
Have you checked the temps when this happens? As it sounds like it may be overheating.

There are some good monitoring programs out there (for free) that you can install to keep an eye on the temps. Install one and see what temps you get at different times. If the program you install has the ability to log the info (most do) have it set to do that so that if your laptop turns off again, you should have info on what the temps were.

Solution