Laptop shuts off when I do ANYTHING (HP G6000)

Fornever

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
I have an old HP G6000 laptop from 2007-2008 that I'm trying to see if I can get working again, but it simply refuses to do anything other than be powered on and shut off completely whenever I try to boot from ANYTHING or even navigate the BIOS when pressing a key.

I've tried a handful of solutions including:

* Trying with and without battery - no difference
* Disassembling, taking out the fan, reassembling, realising the BIOS will refuse to boot without a fan so disassembled / reassembled AGAIN and still no difference to the issue. (Although I did blow out about a decade's worth of dust which helped the fan to run continously rather than stop and start like before, so that's progress at least)
* Trying without an HDD, it'll stay on but restart continously due to obviously having nothing to boot from
* Trying with just a CD drive with a bootable disc, it shuts off as soon as the disc starts spinning
* Trying 4GB (x2 2GB) RAM from a newer HP laptop that I threw out due to messing up diassembly plus an unreadable product key - no difference.
* Trying newer HDD from said laptop as well, also no difference.
* Numerous power drains by holding down the power button, no luck whatsoever.

Yet it seems if you try to boot from ANYTHING - going to boot menu to try and boot from a USB stick or CD for example, or just leaving the HDD in, it simply shuts off. If I try going to the BIOS with a hard drive in, it'll very likely cut out if I even try to navigate the pages.

Any suggestions? I know both of the HDDs I used are fine because I've already backed up the data from those onto my PC via SATA connection, so I don't know what else could cause this considering it turns on at least.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Fornever : "Laptop shuts off when I do ANYTHING (HP G6000)"

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
There still might be several other issues with it. I can try help you troubleshoot it further if you dont mind spending more time on that old laptop. Im at work now but will post you further details after 3-5hours