laptop shutsdown without warning

josh0312

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015
i have an acer aspire es1-111m. when i bought it at the time it was running windows 8 and it used to give me a low battery warning at 10% but would shut down completely if it went to 9%. i updated to windows 10 and it started to shut down at 15% so i raised the low battery warning to from 10% to 20% it gave me a warning at first and a few days later it began shutting down at 25% so i restored the plan to its default settings but that didnt change anything and now it seems to keep increasing every few days its now shutting down at 45% and when i plug it in to charge and power it up the battery is completely dead. the acer care app shows that the battery condition is good and hw monitor shows the wear level at 42% and its now charging back so the charge level is it 19%. i have all the driver updates from the acer website as well as bios and chipset updates.

Hi,

It could be that the batteries life has degraded already to such a rate that it can no longer store the load that long. Try charging the battery all the way up to 100% and test the battery with a volt meter. Use the bottom sticker for the output volt as your basis and see if it still reaches that number.

josh0312

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015

the battery is non removable
is the voltage given in hw monitor credible?