Laptop small "Beep" sound when turned off

Mech90

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
Friends,
My laptop is always makes "beep" sound continously when only it is turned off while adapter is not charging.
The "beep" sound volume is very small and continously. The sound stop only if it is turned on or the adapter is charging

Is it normal ?

Mech90

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016

Thanks for replying,
but it doesn't help, mine is Asus with conexant SmartAudio HD in it, thanks anyway :)

Mech90

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Mech90 : "My Laptop is Constantly makes High Pitched "Beep" Small volume Sound"

Hi, i am new here,
I wanna ask, is it normal that my laptop is constantly makes high pitched "beep" sound when it's in off (shut down) mode ? The sound's volume is very low but it is high pitched, short and constantly, but when laptop is in sleep or in charging mode the sound is become long and non stop.
Sorry for my bad english

Diana_32

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016

I have the same model, same problem. Did you find something?

shivammangla

Commendable
May 20, 2016

Well, how much old is your laptop and is still under warranty or not?? Mine was just 4 months old and that too I have not use it becoz of some other work. It was used just for 50-60 hrs total in 4 months span.
I would like to tell you that it's a weird problem that even asus customer service can't repair off. The onsite agent just replaced my motherboard for a brand new and that too has a problem. The hdd is making weird noise with new mobo. I think asus has just lost it's quality. It was my first product from asus n probably last. I gonna buy dell for sure or apple (if my budget allows).

Hersyir

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

Oh.. we got the laptop, brand new, for about 4 months now.
Shes using it daily and it runs great so far. Doesnt lag in games or anything. Its just that weird sound that i hear coming from it when its shut down.

The weird part is that if i keep it shut down and i plug it in, the weird sound stops. So i tend to belive its something about the electricity.. maybe something related to the battery? Maybe a lack of electricity somewhere?

We still got warranty on it but being bought from another city (online) the warranty process takes too much and she needs it these months.

shivammangla

Commendable
May 20, 2016

Bro same in my laptop. Beep only when laptop is off and unplugged. As soon as u plug, beep will be gone. For me it wasn't a battery problem becoz after new mobo their is no beep inspite of same battery. I searched through whole internet for answer to this beep and their only found people with same problems. U r having warranty and I would suggest you to only go that way. Why having problem...u can arrange onsite service with asus.