Laptop sometimes powered off 5-7sec several times, after powered on.

tmorris

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
As the title said, my laptop keeps turning off just after I power on it (like 5sec - 7sec). I have tried to change the hard disk, remove the dust from the fan, replacing the ram, unplugged the DVD rom, but the problem still appear. Sometimes it will boot, I can play games, online, and sometimes it powered off for several times.

I checked the CPU temperature, no sign of overheating, just around 28 - 40. So, I don't think my laptop is overheating.

I was thinking, it might be processor problem, but it's not. I tried to hold on the BIOS, the laptop doesn't powered off. It can stay on even for hours.

I don't know what problem I have, but I hope someone can help me.

My laptop is Aspire 4738G, 4GB ram, i3 -370M, 5470 512MB graphc card.

Hope you can understand, sorry bad english.

Tama Handika

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013

Did your laptop showing BSOD, or did it just turned off suddenly?
Have you tried to scan for viruses and clearing any registry? - Both of them might help :D

tmorris

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

No, it never showed BSOD, it just turned off suddenly after 5 - 7sec I powered it on. Sometimes it boot normally. sometimes it just turned off before the windows boot logo appear, even booting from CD/DVD doesn't work (keeps turned off). I also try scan it and clean/repair the registry and even formatted the HDD. None of it works. But, I can stay for hours at BIOS section/setting without any problem. If the problem "maybe" came from the HDD, why I try to boot from CD/DVD it will also turned off??

Tama Handika

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013

Its strange. Sometimes its still boot right? Have you tried to do a clean install the windows?Dont forget to backup your data.

tmorris

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
[/quotemsg]Its strange. Sometimes its still boot right? Have you tried to do a clean install the windows?Dont forget to backup your data.[/quotemsg]

Have tried that. I also recreates the partitions, and still, no success.

Tama Handika

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
Its strange. Sometimes its still boot right? Have you tried to do a clean install the windows?Dont forget to backup your data.[/quotemsg]

Have tried that. I also recreates the partitions, and still, no success. [/quotemsg]

Sorry to say this, but i think its a hardware problem. Do you still have any warranty?