Laptop sound broke and overheating

Natty2310

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
I have a HP Envy laptop. It's now started to overheat constantly, within a few minutes of being on it.

Also, the sound is messed up on it. I'll describe it as best as I can - it constantly goes off and on and switches from using the speakers to the headphones constantly and just cuts out all the time. You have to move the laptop slightly to get it working again and try not to move to keep it on. It slightly affects the built in microphone too.

The lid is coming apart from the main body on the one side, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the sound messing up as it started around the same time. When the lid is opened, it pushes the bottom casing of the laptop away from the main body.

Would anyone have any ideas what the problems are and an approximate price on getting everything fixed?

Solution
No way to know what it will cost to fix without someone looking at what needs to be fixed. Sounds like you may need a new shell and a cleaning of the heatsink, maybe more depending on what else may be wrong with the thing. If the lid is coming apart, sounds like it was dropped or flexed a lot, that can easily cause the sound issue due to a bad connection. For cost you can take it to a few local PC shops and ask.
No way to know what it will cost to fix without someone looking at what needs to be fixed. Sounds like you may need a new shell and a cleaning of the heatsink, maybe more depending on what else may be wrong with the thing. If the lid is coming apart, sounds like it was dropped or flexed a lot, that can easily cause the sound issue due to a bad connection. For cost you can take it to a few local PC shops and ask.

Solution