Solved! Laptop Speaker Malfunction

Oct 1, 2021
I have a MSI GS65 Stealth laptop. A few weeks ago I started having an issue where the audio would consistantly cut out every 2-3 seconds and the speaker would click at the same rate if muted. I tried reinstalling the audio driver and when that didnt work I replaced the internal speakers entirely. With new speakers in I powered up the laptop to receive the same clicking sound every 2 seconds. It almost seems like the speaker is shorting out like too much power is going to it or something. Has anyone else seen this issue before? Any suggestions would be helpful

Solution
Does the same thing happen with headphones? I'm sorry you wasted time replacing the internal speakers as tbe symptoms don't suggest that as the problem.

I have had problems with sound drivers in the past. You might use Device Manager to try to roll back driers if the old ones are still on your machine. Also check the MSI download site to see what drivers are there. Same with Windows Updates (look at the list of optional updates).
Does the same thing happen with headphones? I'm sorry you wasted time replacing the internal speakers as tbe symptoms don't suggest that as the problem.

I have had problems with sound drivers in the past. You might use Device Manager to try to roll back driers if the old ones are still on your machine. Also check the MSI download site to see what drivers are there. Same with Windows Updates (look at the list of optional updates).

Solution