Laptop started to make a strange noise

Tomas_1

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
Today I noticed that my laptop started to make a strange noise:
https://ufile.io/l0qol

I uploaded a recording with that noise.

My laptop is HP Envy x360. I bought it few months ago.
It is placed on a flat surface.

Solution
The sound is very faint! It's possible some form of dirt or debris is clogged up in the heatsink/fan assembly. I wouldn't worry about it but would suggest you back up your critical data in case you may need to RMA the laptop when you go to show it at the shop you purchased it from. After all you're under warranty and the noise could indicate a faulty/failing fan.

Lutfij

Splendid
The sound is very faint! It's possible some form of dirt or debris is clogged up in the heatsink/fan assembly. I wouldn't worry about it but would suggest you back up your critical data in case you may need to RMA the laptop when you go to show it at the shop you purchased it from. After all you're under warranty and the noise could indicate a faulty/failing fan.

Solution

Tomas_1

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015

So I can leave it as it is right now? Cause I need a laptop at my work so It would be very bad for me to send it for repairing and waiting

Aug 9, 2018
Not able to download your file. Gives the below message :
Premium Access Only
The free hosting period for this file has now expired, only premium users can download it

I just had the same issue on my HP Envy x360. It started after I did the latest windows update. Sounds like the microphone is on and feeds to the speakers so whenever I make some noise I hear scrambled noise feedback from the laptop speakers in response.

When I plugin a headphone into the laptop the noise stops.