Solved! Laptop stop charging and then turns off

Feb 22, 2021
I have a lenovo ideapad 520.I have ran into a serious problem with it lately. So, I have had this issue everytime I open a game and play for a while, and then my computer gives me a continuous clicking sound and laptop says its not plugged in , and after 1 minute the laptop becomes unresponsible with black screen. I reboot the laptop with power button and it boots as if no error happened to it. The problem can happen in the first 1 minutes of playing or it could go on till the end of the day. I run the game at the lowest settings and yet this still happens. It only started to happen a 1 week ago. Could this be a power supply problem? I am certain this isn't an overheating problem as after my laptop shut down, I tried to check if it was heated, and it was barely even warm.

My Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7 8550U quad core
RAM: 8 GB
HDD: 1tb
Graphics card: nvidia MX150

I am also certain this isnt a virus issue. Please provide a solution or tell me what the problem here is. Thanks.

Also if i unplug the AC adapter as soon as the clicking sound starts the clicking sound goes away and laptop runs fine at battery.

Reactions: badra5985
Solution
There are not a lot of things inside that can make clicking noises. The fan can if it is failing. So can the HDD (if it is an actual mechanical hard drive and not an SSD). Can also be coming out of the speakers. How quickly is the sound repeating? An HDD with seek problems will click about once per second. That problem should result in a blue screen however. If it's a fan issue, there should not be a problem until the machine warms up for a few minutes. Does the fan seem to run normally?

Intermittent problems like this are often hard to find. You might try to run the Lenovo laptop diagnostic software (search on the internet to find out how). You can also use a disk SMART software like CrystalDiskInfo to read the S.M.A.R.T. data from...
There are not a lot of things inside that can make clicking noises. The fan can if it is failing. So can the HDD (if it is an actual mechanical hard drive and not an SSD). Can also be coming out of the speakers. How quickly is the sound repeating? An HDD with seek problems will click about once per second. That problem should result in a blue screen however. If it's a fan issue, there should not be a problem until the machine warms up for a few minutes. Does the fan seem to run normally?

Intermittent problems like this are often hard to find. You might try to run the Lenovo laptop diagnostic software (search on the internet to find out how). You can also use a disk SMART software like CrystalDiskInfo to read the S.M.A.R.T. data from your HDD to see if it is in the process of failing.

Solution
Feb 22, 2021

Intermittent problems like this are often hard to find. You might try to run the Lenovo laptop diagnostic software (search on the internet to find out how). You can also use a disk SMART software like CrystalDiskInfo to read the S.M.A.R.T. data from your HDD to see if it is in the process of failing.
Its like 5 clicks per second . I think its from the fan