• Check out all the best Amazon Prime Day deals 2021 here!

Solved! Laptop stop charging automatically when battery is fully charged

Feb 1, 2020
Hey! I have hp pavilion 15 gaming laptop but whenever my laptop is on battery it gets really slow when i'm gaming.. I've read a discussion about that problem before and as a result i think i can do nothing about it but now and I've decided to only gaming when my laptop is plugged in, i got a problem. When my battery gets fully charged it stop charging for like 10 secs and start charging again and it happens every 5 mins i guess and it annoys me when I'm gaming, so the question is: Is there anything to do to fix this?

Short of removing the battery (if your laptop will allow for the removal and work without it in) not really.

The games are likely drawing more power than the charger can give out to run the device and charge the battery. Not shocking. Happens a lot. Short of replacing the charger, which may not even make the problem go away if your device normally is this way (and some are) then you would just have to let it charge only when you aren't playing a game.

Short of removing the battery (if your laptop will allow for the removal and work without it in) not really.

The games are likely drawing more power than the charger can give out to run the device and charge the battery. Not shocking. Happens a lot. Short of replacing the charger, which may not even make the problem go away if your device normally is this way (and some are) then you would just have to let it charge only when you aren't playing a game.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Epic Creeper Laptop Tech Support 1
Michael@Jensen@WK Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 3
ItsJoshua Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
O Laptop Tech Support 3
Shootingstar007 Laptop Tech Support 3
Archaureous Laptop Tech Support 1