Laptop Stuck at loading screen?

mage_logw

Estimable
Nov 2, 2016
Hey guys! So i have this problem for a few days and i've never been so clueless in my whole life about it.. basically a few days back my laptop just freezed and i forced closed it with the power button and since then it won't open, just stays at the laptop loading screen it doesn't even have the loading thingy just the brand of the laptop showing like it casually does when it opens it's just stuck there now and randomly something like "preparing repair.." or something pops out... If anyone has some advice please share cause i've never been more clueless in my life! Thank you in advance!

Solution
Sounds like you have a corrupt partition on your harddrive. I'd suggest you follow up with that repair and if it still doesn't work you need to look at replacing your harddrive.

alexanderburger07

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Sounds like you have a corrupt partition on your harddrive. I'd suggest you follow up with that repair and if it still doesn't work you need to look at replacing your harddrive.

Solution

mage_logw

Estimable
Nov 2, 2016
Thank you for the answer and i'm pretty sure that's it, the so called "repair" goes on and on, in a loop, just for the record how much it would cost me to replace the harddrive?

devahiggs

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Can you get to the bios?
If so,
1. go to boot section
2. enter <Legacy First> instead of <UEFI First>
3. set boot priority to <ATA Hard drive> instead of <Windows Boot Manager>
4. exit and save changes
cheers!

mage_logw

Estimable
Nov 2, 2016
Ok so i can get into the BIOS but when i go to the Boot section, the boot priority order is marked with black instead of blue, that meaning i cant do any modifications, i can turn the boot mode to legacy however that doesnt help at all

devahiggs

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

1. Can you see your hard drive in the bios "Information" section? If not, then most likely need a new hard drive.
2. Check for your RAM and RAM size also in this same section

mage_logw

Estimable
Nov 2, 2016
I can see all of that, info and everything but i cant seem to be able to do something else.. update : i must've seen wrong, as i have the HDD in the info section and i believe that i have the RAM, also called "Total Memory" in the Main section..

devahiggs

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

1. Hard drive (type of hard drive and size) and RAM (and ram size) should be OK if detected in bios
2. What's the make and model of your laptop? Could be an issue with make and model.

Jan 3, 2019
I had the same issue when trying to change some partitions if the hdd but lukly for me i had a hdd dock station and i formated all hdd on my other pc using my hdd dock. That can be a solution too. Then u can install windows again . DONT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR DATA. Cheers.