Laptop stuck on Lenovo logo

ehsanghorbani

Estimable
Mar 5, 2015
Hi . So here is my problem. I had Zorn os (linux based) and Windows 8.1 on my laptop .(zorin was not on a VM) both of them had several problems that made me to first delete zorin and install Ubuntu then get a back up of my files and then install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu. So I started laptop . Started up the Windows and went into disk management. I selected the home partition of zorin and deleted it (I did it before for an older Ubuntu version and it worked fine). When I started deleting the partition , the blue circle of the mouse cruiser (I forget the word ) was frozen but mouse was working . I went to my computer and tried to open a drive . I got no results . I restarted th laptop . Then the problem started . The Lenovo logo appeared and not moving. The nova button is working but there is no access to boot menu(even with nova button ) . I tried to disconnect battery ,checked ports and all of suggestions in the internet. But no results . Can anyone help me ?

Sorry for bad english

Jwpanz

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
You may have deleted something Windows needed to function properly. I have no idea what as I don’t know how your drive was configured exactly. There are a couple of things to do.

Did you make a recovery drive? If so, insert the USB into you PC and boot it. Enter the BIOS and tell it to boot from that USB. Allow the recovery drive to do its thing.

If you don’t have a recovery drive, then use another computer (obviously) with a decent sized USB drive (16GB or more). Search for and download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to that USB. Plug that USB into your laptop and boot from it. Keep in mind this tool will obliterate your data on your hard drive and replace it with a clean install of Windows 10.

If you have the ability to take that drive out and connect to another PC you can try to salvage some of your important files. You can also try to use that other PC to finish deleting whatever remnants of Linux in there. Try this and see what happens.

Jwpanz

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
On startup you can’t even mash delete to enter the BIOS? If you can’t even get into the BIOS then you’ll need to remove your current hard drive and use it externally with a SATA to USB adapter. At least this way you can access the drive and still be able to access the BIOS. You’re probably going to have to use the media creation tool instructions above to get this thing working again.

ehsanghorbani

Estimable
Mar 5, 2015
Hey guys ! i removed the HDD and booted the laptop by a live cd . no problems . but when i connect the HDD to another PC with sata , its not shown .(in disk managment , Disk par ....) What do i do ?

Jul 2, 2018
I am keen to hear how you solved the problem.
My computer is stuck at Lenovo symbol.
No key commands take me to recovery mode or bios or anything.

Sorry to say but it sounds like your harddrive is actually dead, and im dreading the thought that could be mine too.

suzukipowered

Estimable
Apr 30, 2015

Don't say that, I am hoping that isn't the case! Mine is the same exact way, but it was after trying to fox this memory leak, I read to go into NDU->start and set the value to 4 to disable, went to restart and here I am...