Question Laptop stuttering

Jun 30, 2019
Hey everyone. I'm gonna get straight to the point. I have a Lenovo G510 Laptop. I got it about 5 years ago. I haven't had this problem at all. I've formatted my laptop multiple times if that changes anything. I'm 15 years old so I use this laptop for gaming. While I game, my laptop tends to heat up a bit and usually end my gaming sessions because I'm afraid of it overheating. During these 5 years I've never had a problem with overheating or anything hardware related problems. Yesterday I watched a TV series and when I finished I just plugged the charger in and went to sleep. When I woke up(today) I watched my series, but I noticed that my laptop glitches for a second and makes a sounds like it's about to crash into blue screen and then continues to do that again and again with like 3 second intervals in between. I notice that when I play audio that it does that more noticeable. I just joined this forum and think this is my only solution. So my question is, is this problem hardware or software related? And so, how can I fix it? I can leave more details in the comments if you guys need them. I run Malwarebytes and regularly check my computer for viruses and end up cleaning about 5+ viruses with every scan. If there's something in the registry editor or something hit me up. I'll let you know If it worked out. Thanks in advance!

You check for viruses, do you check for other things? A good program for checking for other stuff would be Spybot, or something similar.

You mentioned overheating, but you didn't mention what temps it is getting. I would suggest installing a temp monitoring program (there are many free ones) and see what it says. NOTE: Not all of them work on all laptops, so if one doesn't give you the info you need I would suggest trying another.

Jun 30, 2019
Well I might've defined viruses as all malware, adware, spyware and PUPs.
Everything's OK with that. I've quarantined and handled that.
The temperature on my processor is max 59 and usually is about 55 when I don't work anything on it.
When I game however it's like 70-something and max 80.
I could use some links to videos or a good explanation. This is getting annoying.

Those aren't bad temps at all. Even the ones while gaming. So it may not be heat that is your issue. I mean it couldn't hurt to replace the thermal paste and clean out and dust and debris. Especially due to its age.

It is possible it is software, or just the age of hardware. Without more info it is not something easily defined.