Solved! Laptop suddenly in bios

Dec 19, 2019
My laptop was left on for a few hours. A MSI Leopard 8RE. I've left it on a few times over the year. But when I came back to it after being out it was suddenly in BIOS. I left it while being in windows, what could cause it to randomly enter bios?

Solution
Depending on what was running when you went away, there could have been a system error that caused it to restart and end up in there.

It could also be a drive error, something on the device (virus, malware, etc.) that caused the system to reboot and go straight to BIOS.

If it will exit it, and go back into Windows fine, I would then look into running some good system checks of both software (as well as virus and malware checks) and also run hardware checks.

Now if it won't let you back into the system, and stays in BIOS only, then you need to have the laptop looked at.

Additionally, pets and people messing with a device can cause issues to.
Depending on what was running when you went away, there could have been a system error that caused it to restart and end up in there.

It could also be a drive error, something on the device (virus, malware, etc.) that caused the system to reboot and go straight to BIOS.

If it will exit it, and go back into Windows fine, I would then look into running some good system checks of both software (as well as virus and malware checks) and also run hardware checks.

Now if it won't let you back into the system, and stays in BIOS only, then you need to have the laptop looked at.

Additionally, pets and people messing with a device can cause issues to.

Solution
Dec 19, 2019
Thanks for reply! I managed to exit, but only save & exit option worked, not the exit without changes. Not sure why. I just found this odd. I ran a virus scan it didn't find anything it said.

As stated before, there are any number of reasons. Glad it started up fine. I suggest not leaving it on anywhere someone can (or something/aka pet) can get to it. Also, virus checks don't check for malware, you would have to do that separately. Unless you have the more expensive software that does both. There are a lot of free ones though.