laptop suggestion for gta 5

monere

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Hi folks,

My cousin asked me to find a laptop under $465 (converted to USD from my currency) for her son that he can play GTA 5 (preferably) on, but since I'm not very knowledgeable about laptops (or electronics in general), I would like to ask for your opinion.

Before creating this thread I did some google-ing about this topic and in all search results that I found there seemed to be a consensus that the graphics card should be my top priority when looking for a gaming anything (which makes sense now, since games are usually about graphics).

So, can any one of you handsome girls and boys advise on what exactly I should be looking for? I mean, what characteristics should the graphics card have to play gta 5 on decent settings (say, medium)?

Additionally, what processor / RAM memory card should I also consider at the very minimum in order to be able to play gta 5 and other games that are as resource-intensive as gta 5?

Please note that if there is absolutely no way one can play gta 5 on medium settings for this price ($465 tops) there is absolutely no problem. I'll just tell my cousin to lower her expectations :)p), and to tell her son to play other games.

But... I thought I should ask first, and see what comes up.

So, thanks in advance for your suggestions, and remain handsome :)

John

vrumor

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
That kinda budget wont buy a "gaming" laptop. GTA V is pretty well optimized, but at that price, you wont get any kind of a GPU thatll be better than the integrated.

monere

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012

I had a feeling I won't find such a thing, but I thought I should first ask someone who knows better :D

Thanks!

monere

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012

Speaking of integrated graphic cards... are they ever good for anything gaming-related? I was thinking to tell her son to stick to GTA 4 instead, and play it on an integrated card, but... I'm not sure if even that is possible,

captaincharisma

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2004

some older games will run with just intel grphics. i have a laptop from 2014 that is able to run older games games like "borderlands 2" and "just cause 2" smoothly. GTA IV should be older then those 2 games i mentioned

monere

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Interesting...

Ok, can you tell me one more thing: which graphic card feature is the most important one when it comes to gaming? The memory, the bandwith, something else?

captaincharisma

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2004

it depends on the game. some rely on the GPU more and others rely on the CPU

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Laptop General Discussion 1
mark.j.ruggiero Laptop General Discussion 3
ccccccccc Laptop General Discussion 1
1 Laptop General Discussion 1
CaitlinJonne Laptop General Discussion 1
toolshed94 Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 5