Laptop Suggestions 17" $1500

nitroturtle

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
1. What is your budget?
Up to $1500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
At least 1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Somewhat portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
Around 3 - 4 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, CSGO, League of Legends, GTA, Battlegrounds High

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photoshop, CAD

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I'd like 1tb, but this isn't a big deal

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I was considering ASUS and Gigabyte laptops, but am open to any brand

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
This computer will be used for school. I actually don't know how much I will take it to class to take notes. I did all of last year without a laptop and took paper notes and was fine. This will be for doing hw and playing games between classes in the dorm. Also, I do a lot of cad work and this would be nice to be able to take the laptop into my shop when I am building stuff. I really want an ssd. I was considering the ASUS ROG STRIX GL702, but from watching videos it seems like it gets hot. My main priorities are a big screen, ssd, the ability to play games on high, temperature, and mobility. I will be taking the laptop to and from my car everyday. I'd also like decent battery use for general web browsing and doing stuff like watching netflix. It will most likely be plugged in when playing games.