Laptop suggestions for graphic design and light gaming

Ariel Or

Estimable
Oct 8, 2014
1. What is your budget?
I can go as high as ~$1300. (I prefer it to be ~$1100 but if it's worth it I can go the full $1300)
Prices in my country (Israel) might be different from US prices (higher usually)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable
5. How much battery life do you need?
At least 5 hours in normal use (less in gaming of course)
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
- League Of Legends
- Rocket League
At high-ish settings (light gaming overall)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Tasks: Photo editing, logos, light 3D modeling
Programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, CorelDRAW X7 and such.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
256GB SSD should be enough (would like a 1TB HDD as well if possible)
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
The purchase would be locally so sites are not very relevant (Can link some if needed/wanted)
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
For few years, 3-4 would be nice
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not required, if it's there it's there..
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
+Lenovo: Seems reliable, have various options to choose from and have an dedicated GPU option.
-Don't have a reason but I just dislike HP leptops (If they have a viable option I'll be happy to look into it)

13. What country do you live in?
Israel
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Would very much like a 2 in 1 laptop and dedicated GPU (I prefer a GTX1050 but other fine options that are available could be fine).
At least one USB-Type A port (Not ready for full Type C yet :p)

If any other info is needed I would gladly provide it :)

Thank you!

gavinsj2006

Great
Jan 6, 2019
Try the Acer Aspire 5? It has an MX150 GPU, which can play Rocket League and League of Legends at I believe medium-high settings at 1080p. It comes with 2 GB of GDDR5 VRAM so it should be able to power through photo editing and some 3D Modeling. It has an 8th Gen quad-core i5-8250u, along with dual channel 8 GB DDR4 RAM. For storage, you get a 256 GB SSD, with storage expansion in the form of micro SD and I believe a HDD slot? It is not a 2 in 1, and I believe it has touchscreen. Last I checked, this laptop costs anywhere from $500 and above.

TRENDING THREADS