Laptop Suggestions & Questions

Zeal514

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Hey, So.... I am looking to sell my desktop and interested in buying a laptop. I am gonna be moving alot for the next couple of years, and carrying around a big ol clunky desktop is just getting to be to much of a pain in the ass. (Long story short, Im getting a motorcycle, getting rid of pretty much everything I own except for a handfull of clothes, and mabby my mouse and keyboard lol.)

I remember back in like 2007/2008, I had a friend who went thru like 3 laptops in 1 year (rich kid) cuz he was gaming on them, playing WoW. So this worries me since I plan to play LoL on this 1, and do alot of Video editing (recorded MC rides.)

Laptop uses
•Video editing
•League of Legends (not graphic intensive, but it makes my desktop fans run at max speed)
•Internet browsing

Features I would Like
•Dual Monitor support ( I want 2 monitors on a desk for when I am at home)
•Strong battery (for long cruises)
•Good cooling
•Windows 8 or 8.1 (optional, I am just used to 8 atm)

Fears and Questions
•Overheating
•Pricetag

I could careless if its old. As long as I can Video edit, I used Cyberdirector Pro 9, or used to anyways.

Does anyone have any suggestions of decent laptops I can do all this with. Every laptop I have seen in my lifetime, SUCKED. They overheated, or were not powerful enough, lagged to hell, just unpleasant experiences, only suited for browsing the internet. I dont even understand why they make netbooks, they cant even browse the internet at a decent speed lol.

Anyways Looking forward for some replies, hopefully you guys got some better experience than me.

Thanks

Edit: Most of my Video Editing will be done at home, with a External Mouse and keyboard, and a Dual 22' Monitor setup.

Solution
Now depending on your budget I would either get an asus rog laptop if you need a lot of gpu power for the video editing or clevo if you are on a tight budget as asus tends to price their laptops on the high side. But they do have very good cooling and are reliable (this is what I have heard. I have only used an asus n series laptop which is perfect if you want a multimedia laptop that can handle light - medium loads of work and can handle lol with ease).

If you give me your budget and websites you use, I can give you a better recommendation
Now depending on your budget I would either get an asus rog laptop if you need a lot of gpu power for the video editing or clevo if you are on a tight budget as asus tends to price their laptops on the high side. But they do have very good cooling and are reliable (this is what I have heard. I have only used an asus n series laptop which is perfect if you want a multimedia laptop that can handle light - medium loads of work and can handle lol with ease).

If you give me your budget and websites you use, I can give you a better recommendation

Solution

Zeal514

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Im hoping for under $500. I can prolly sell my current desktop for 300-400 (i hope). Websites is pretty much surrender@20, reddit, unixmanga, some youtube, alot of video streaming, ie twitch, eztv, and the like. As far as video editing, doesn't need to be the best, just lag free. I'll be recording my Motorcycle rides and making Music Videos, and Vlogs. I doubt I'll get back into 3d modeling, just very light video editing.

My biggest concern is the cooling, last thing I want to do is get a laptop thats gonna burn out on me in a year, was the major reason i shyied away from them. I just think that they have to be better by now.

For $500, you are looking the lower end of video editing. You could go with a dell insperon laptop as they are cheap and will be able to handle light video editing. Another alternative are the lenovo g or z series. The z series have better gpus but are more expensive.