Laptop that will play casual games like LoL or WoW cheap ideas??

mordornoob

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
I was look for something that could maybe play World of Warcraft, League, and maybe some steam games not some high end ones but ones I know that need some type of graphics or processor to be able to run. I'm looking for something maybe less than 500, I have asked this question before but it was not completely answered. I know that they make some pretty good laptops not for a pretty good price, but I was wanting to see if someone has one and knows from experience if it will play certain games and if it is a good brand laptop.

I do not care for AMD or Intel, I do know that a lot of people are really happy with the AMD laptops atm because some of them can actually run some high end stuff compared to the HD 4000 graphics that come with and stock Intel processor. regardless if you have any ideas or links please share and let me know!

Thanks!

frostedtim

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014
Its hard to find a decent laptop for even casual games at the $500 price point. You wont find any discrete GPU options at that price. But I would look at laptops an AMD APU. When it comes to integrated graphics, AMD does much better than Intel, and costs less.

mordornoob

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012

See I've heard that, one of my friends got a nice laptop and he says he got it for 350$ and it runs BF4 on like medium high settings 0_0. But I was wondering I really haven't been looking at the newer specs of stuff in the market, how is the E series processors from AMD? or are they starter ones where they are trying to make a selling point for school?

frostedtim

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014
http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/processors/notebook-tablet/e-series-apu#

This goes straight to the AMD site and gives you info about the Laptop processors. Also has a link on the page for shopping for systems with their APU's. I might go with something a little higher than the E series, but on a budget they should be right up your alley.

Personally I have had good experiences with Lenovo laptops, but mine has Intel in it and its not for gaming. My thinkpad feels sturdy and well built and I have never had any issues with it, unlike the Dell that I replaced before it.