Laptop too good to be true?

xHALORDx

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Hello I've been frantically browsing around for good laptops recently and I looked through some MSI and Asus and thought - yeah pretty good, But they were just a little above my budget and had 2-3 hours battery life which isn't enough for me. I found this Metabox on Mwave: http://www.mwave.com.au/product/sku-ab48711-metabox_w350et_156_fhd_intel_i7120gb_ssddvdrwgtx660_2gbwindows_8#detailTabs=tabSpecifications. Its very good specs for its price -660m, 12gb RAM, 120gb SSD, i7 CPU, 1920x1080 res FHD, 8 cell battery which apparently will last 4+ hours yet its cheaper than the rest of the market. Why? It seems perfect - although a bit plain looking I don't mind I want something plain.

I'm curious to know if anyone has had any past experience with metaboxes because the specs are really good so I'm wondering if its really good price because of build quality being sketch or something? I understand its a bit chunky but I don't mind. So why is this laptop so cheap? I want to be able to use it to take to school, also for gaming and editing. If I use this laptop for 4-6 hours a day (Probably 4 hours of just schoolwork - not straining the system and maybe 1-2 of editing gaming - High graphic games probably putting a heavy load on GPU and CPU) how long roughly will it last? Hoping to get the last 2 years of school out of it atleast.

Or If anyone knows a better/equal laptop from a brand I've actually heard of from $800-$1200 let me know. (also currency and website/shop to buy from Australian)

Deus_Ex_Machina

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
I just bought a Lenovo G780 a couple months ago. Has nice specs: i5-3210m, 4 GB of ram, GeForce GT635 dedicated video card. It works very well with my school work, gaming, and programming. It may be a little big if you will be in college moving from class to class but I got it on sale for about $700 from Newegg.com.