Laptop Turning off Battery very hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope Wagoner

Estimable
Jun 30, 2014
Starting a little bit earlier today my laptop turned off on me when I turned it back on I noticed my battery was not charging and the battery was really hot I unplugged the power cord and it turned off again even though it still had the battery I took the battery out then and plugged the laptop back in and the laptop works fine with out the battery. I put the battery back in a little while later and it was working fine and charging for a little while then it turned off again. I have the battery out again right now I was going to try it again when it cooled down completely. Does it sound like I need a new battery or could there be something else wrong?

Oh yeah it is a toshiba PA3817U-1BRS

Solution
I'd just get a new battery. If you want to go the sure path, get an original replacement; however there are good quality generic replacements that will cost much less. Check Amazon, google your battery's model numbero and make sure it states that it's compatible with your laptop's model. That should do it. Cheers.

serge44

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
Is it an original battery? How old is it?

Doesn't sound good. If it's original and new, call for technical support, they should send you a new one. If it's not new, or not original, sounds like it's time to buy a new one.

serge44

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
I'd just get a new battery. If you want to go the sure path, get an original replacement; however there are good quality generic replacements that will cost much less. Check Amazon, google your battery's model numbero and make sure it states that it's compatible with your laptop's model. That should do it. Cheers.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS