Laptop turns off when power cord is removed

Frederick_5

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Good day

I have a HP laptop.

1) the laptop doesn't power on without a battery
2) the light which would indicate that the laptop is plugged into the ac adapter is not on when the ac adapter is plugged in.
3) the battery charge light is also not on, which would indicate the battery is being charged.

The battery does not charge...
The AC adapter is fine, tested with other laptop.
The battery is also new and works fine

please help

Frederick_5

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
I have 3 hp machines what runs the same battery. so i charged 1 battery and worked fine in the other laptops no prob. When i put the battery in the hp the laptop comes on and when i plug the power cord in it does not charge. windows is saying charging but the battery is being drained. and when you plug out the battery the laptop does not come on when it is on the power cord. and i tried 3 different types of hp chargers. when the battery is pluged out the charging light is white ( but cannot boot) when the battery is put back in the light goes orange

Frederick_5

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
i tested the voltages to see if the power button gets any voltages and the battery pins on the mb. they all get power but not switching on when only plugged in at power outlet

Frederick_5

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
bur it does not make sense. when the battery is in the laptop turns on. when the power cord is plugged in and the battery is removed the laptop does not turn on. if it was the power board the laptop would not power on with battery or power