laptop turns off without notice

markam87

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
Hello! I have an hp laptop model 15-d035dx that I got 3 years ago for $300 as a deal for mother's day. Its been working well even though it was very cheap. I mostly use it for bills, watch movies, online shopping, etc. For the last couple of weeks it's only been turning on if it was plugged in, it just starting happening one day, it wouldn't turn on on its own. And today out of nowhere it turned off twice without notice and with a static noise. I removed the battery and turned it on again. So far is working, but I'm wondering what could be happening with it? I can't fford to buy a new laptop now. Thanks for the advice!

Solution
It sounds like your problem may be your current battery and/or the charger cord.

Try seeing how well it runs now that you have the battery out. If it stops giving you issues, then I would say you need to replace that battery. However, be sure you are careful of your choice of battery replacement. Although after market batteries seem like a good deal, and they claim they work for that device, they are often not correct for the system. Normally I would say aftermarket is OK for a part, but not for laptop batteries. Best to go OEM.
It sounds like your problem may be your current battery and/or the charger cord.

Try seeing how well it runs now that you have the battery out. If it stops giving you issues, then I would say you need to replace that battery. However, be sure you are careful of your choice of battery replacement. Although after market batteries seem like a good deal, and they claim they work for that device, they are often not correct for the system. Normally I would say aftermarket is OK for a part, but not for laptop batteries. Best to go OEM.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS